Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Lazybones Recap

So I kinda, sort of, unintentionally took the month of May off from blogging. With all the wedding stuff, birthday stuff, babysitting stuff, and my mom being in town stuff, I just let the blogging ball drop. I can only juggle so many things at once. I had planned to come back and write a separate post for all the things we did this past month but then I realized that that would be incredibly boring. And I'm lazy, so there's that too. Let's just do one giant recap post and call it a month, shall we?

Hang onto your butts, cuz here we go.

My mom came into town. I've always had a good relationship with my mom but man, I can't say enough about how nice it is to have her around especially now that I have my own kid. I felt kinda bad that during the two weeks she was here that we were so busy, but we still  had a great time having her here. Shye got really attached to her too and was completely devastated when she left. Like she cried for 10 straight minutes after we left the airport and only a bag of Target popcorn could comfort her. Poor kid. Come back and visit soon Mom!




My niece Brande got married. This was the main reason for my mom being in town. Brande and her fiancee Max had a rough couple of months leading up to the wedding, not cold feet or anything like that, they just had some medical issues, work problems, and they ended up losing the house they were trying to buy. So it was nice to see them have their special day turn out so well. And just a few days after their wedding they signed on a house and were able to get started on building their life together. So happy for those two.



I babysat Brian's nephews and niece down in Spanish Fork for 5 days in early May. Brian's brother-in-law in Indiana was graduating with a Master's in architecture. The whole family is super proud of him for following his dream and going back to school later in life. Brian, his mom, and his sister all flew out to attend the graduation. I watched the kiddos back home while they partied it up in Indy.
Pre-church pic. We actually made it through all of sacrament without any hitches.
Can't leave these two alone for ten seconds.


Shye had ANOTHER birthday. You guys, I was just getting used her being two and then she had to go and turn three on me. Not cool. Anyway, she had a fun birthday. We took her to a new park and I spun her around so fast that she got sick. It's her party and she can throw up if she wants to, right? Later on we tried to sing her Happy Birthday over a cupcake but she was thoroughly unimpressed so we sang Let It Go for her and got a few smiles. But she still wasn't hip on the cupcake. That's three years in a row that I haven't been able to get her to eat cake. Whose kid is this anyway?
This shot was taken shortly before she went white and started to gag.


Sing Happy Birthday/Let It Go

Her WTF reaction when we blew out her candle for her. Haha!


And that's it folks. See you in June.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good month. Your mom is awesome! And that dress you're wearing in the picture of you, your mom and Shye is too cute!

    ReplyDelete