Friday, May 3, 2013

The Sunglasses Club

Early in April, while I was still careening towards a complete nervous breakdown, my mom bought me a ticket to go to AZ for two weeks. My original departure date ended up being the day that Brian had surgery on his broken ankle so I had to push it back two days, but I still ended up having 12 great days in AZ. Now that I have a kid, going to my mom's house is pretty much the best vacation possible: someone to cook and clean for me, someone to watch Shye so that I can shower and pee in peace (separately of course), someone to vent to, and basically spoil me rotten. It was just what I needed after a terrible month.



Even though I grew up in AZ it still always shocks me how blazing hot it is there. It had just been snowing here in Utah just a few days before I left so the 95+ degree weather was rather jarring. The only way to survive is to pack lots of antiperspirant, sunglasses, and making daily soda runs.


While we were in AZ, Shye took a liking to sunglasses. Bout time. I've been trying to get that girl to wear sunglasses since she was about three days old. I've tried everything: rewards, punishment (I kid, I kid), peer pressure (her best friend Claire wears sunglasses all the time) but nothing ever stopped her from yanking sunglasses off immediately. But since the Arizona is brighter than the surface of the sun she finally gave in and joined our Sunglasses Club. As you can see in the pictures Shye is obviously the coolest member of the club.


And as you can see in the video, I am the least cool member of the club. 


3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you got to go have some fun. Mom time is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock the sunglasses. Welcome back to Utah. Let's plan a get together.

    ReplyDelete